This year, I had the opportunity to vacation on Catalina Island. Here are 9 lessons I learned while on the island:
okay to eat dessert twice a day just because you're on vacation. (If you choose to believe them, know that it's just as okay to exercise at least one time a day while on that same vacation.)
2. Deer are startled by sudden noises. Move quietly, though, and you can get pretty close to them.
3. An ocean view, lined with palm trees, never gets old.
4. There is such a thing as a chorus of crickets. (I heard them!)
5. This earth truly is God's creation, His handiwork.
6. Modern technology in its many forms (cell phones, fb, email) is
overrated. De-pluggling periodically is
7. Eating, reading, praying, playing, and sleeping can fill up an entire 24 hours. Easily.
8. There are TONS of stars in the sky to be viewed on any given night. (You just have to get away from the city lights and smog in order to see them.)
9. Employment is God's gift to us. Vacation is our gift to ourselves!