A few weeks ago, I entered the scariest season of my life. I felt a mass in my right breast, and a cloud of questions and fears enveloped me, ironically clearing my vision.
Questions emerged: What if I only have one year left to live? Two? Three? What would I do? What would I
I realized that I would:
- Hike, and Swim, and Be Outside more.
- Write more about my life following Jesus, as it has been the joy of my life.
- Smile. Because smiling is so much more fun than frowning.
- Get married. (Cause I want to share my life with someone.) And have sex.
I realized that I
- Worry about my life and future plans.
- Care about what people think about me. (Any more than I currently don't.)
- Buy many more material things. Instead, I'd just give the money away.
- Do any work that doesn't bring me joy.
- Complain about the end being near because every single day has been a gift from God.
So, instead of doing more with my life, I find myself wanting to do less.